In January 2018, the Chinese Welfare Trust commissioned a piece of research entitled “Chinese Community Centres in the UK: Changing Landscape, Challenges and Strategies for the Future”. The final research report was launched in September 2018.
It aims to document the changes and coping mechanisms experienced by Chinese community organisations in the last ten years, based on information gathered from key informants from 14 Chinese community organisations in four major UK cities – London, Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool.
This forum, hosted by Lord Tom McNally, is an opportunity for stakeholders and policy makers to discuss various issues examined in the report. Long-serving community leaders will share their experience on meeting the changing needs of the local community they serve and their insight into long-term service sustainability planning.
Distinguished speakers on the discussion panel include:
– Baroness Sally Greengross OBE, President/Chief Executive, International Longevity Centre UK
– Dr Yeow Poon, co-author of the report and Chair of Chinese Community Centre-Birmingham
– Ms Circle Steele, CEO, Wai Yin Society, Manchester
– Dr Karen Harrison-Dening, Head of Research and Evaluation, Dementia UK
– location: Committee Room G, House of Lords
– time: 5.45pm for 6pm
– dress code: business attire
Please join us for this meaningful event. Donations are appreciated if you cannot be with us on this occasion but want to support our outreach work and our new initiative to train the first Chinese-speaking Admiral Nurse in the UK to support families living with dementia,
For a copy of the full report, please visit:
For further information or queries, please email [email protected]