Many young people from the Chinese community experience conflict with their parents who have traditional cultural views and values. The gap between Chinese and British culture often leaves young people feeling lost, lacking identity and direction. Our Youth Project supports young people to believe in themselves, to be proud of being both Chinese and British and to use their talents and skills to serve the community.
Early adulthood presents both challenges and opportunities. We offer young people the opportunity to realise their potential and contribute fully to the world in which they live.
Services for young people:
- Education, employment and vocational training
- Leadership, self-confidence, self-respect and respecting others programmes Health related information and support, including information about healthy living, sexual and mental health
- Emotional support and dealing with conflict
- Trilingual language support (English, Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Social activities and events
- Serving the community through volunteering
- Partnerships with other agencies to assist young Chinese people and their families to access culturally appropriate support
The Youth Project is open for all young people aged between 13 and 25, living in Greater Manchester and the surrounding areas.
For more information please contact the Youth Project Team: Amy, Yusura (Somali Youth Worker) and Alfred or fill in the referral form.