Free Support Services for all Wai Yin Learners
Information Advice and Guidance Service
- Advice and Guidance about Education Training and Employment.
- Information about UK Citizenship and Visa requirements.
- Signposting to specialist services such as welfare benefits, debt validation?
Other Services: photocopy, fax, telephone (charges apply).
Find out about the benefits of Wai Yin Learners Membership
Our Promise to you…
- Make available a range of learning opportunities and provide well qualified tutors and high quality teaching.
- Give learners opportunities to gain qualifications/skills; to personally develop and to access career opportunities.
- Wherever possible provide and advise on childcare.
- Implement and monitor an effective Harassment Policy to deal with racial and sex discrimination, bullying and disability issues.
- Implement and monitor an effective and transparent Complaints Procedure.
- Support authorised absence (eg. to enable learners deal with a breakdown in childcare arrangements, or other family emergency situation; for religious/cultural purposes).
- Provide for all learners assessments and support of additional needs as appropriate/required.
- Give all learners regular feedback on their progress an achievements, and opportunities to discuss any difficulties that may arise.
- Implement a programme of improved access for people who are disabled.
- Make available our policies, procedures and information in accessible formats (on request and subject to being reasonably practicable).
- Make available learning materials in accessible formats (on request and subject to being reasonably practicable).
- Give all learners an appropriate induction to the programme / learning activity.
- Give all learners Confidence Information, Advice and Guidance pre-course and at other times on request.
- Ensure confidentiality, information and support, clarity and ease of application for the Learner Support Fund.
- Consult all learners to obtain their views on the courses and offer opportunities for representation and participation in forums that affect service delivery.
- Listen and try to help if learners have a complaint or problem.
- Treat all learners with courtesy and respect, and without discrimination.
- Provide a safe and welcoming place to learn.
- Establish black and minority ethnic and lesbian and gay learner support groups.
- Provide opportunities for learners who are disabled, have sensing impairment and/or hearing difficulties, opportunities to disclose their difficulties etc.